Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Post Holidays Syndrome

Of course, the title is a cliche.





Post Holidays Syndrome? Caught the bug and yeah, i just have to live with it. Plus, there are so many things under any teacher's belt and i cant count myself out.





Choral Speaking Competition is on its way and yikes! the date has been changed to an earlier date than the proposed's. But, saya mempercayai kebolehan pelajar2 saya..so yeah, bring it on!





Those who kenal me all the way should know that I used to have (hopefully still have) a soft spot for choral speaking. In school, and even in IPba. I like choral speaking alot. I just like it alot. I remember that we (the girls and i) won the 2nd or was it 3rd place back in IPba, helped the preparation for a choral performance during IPba 2008 T's day and recently (earlier this year) i even voluntereed to help+coach the team from a secondary school in my neighbourhood (kids were first timers and they won 2nd place..aint bad, eh?).




IPba T Day 2008 ( i wasnt in the pic~)






Today, we had a meeting for this upcoming competition and i was elected Pegawai Teknik (at first i was like 'nganga' what the heck is Pegawai Teknik?) and was thrilled. Funny. But at that point, i could feel the 'gigih' rush...hahaha. The meeting solved few mysteries and I left the meeting calculating things that i should do prior to the competition. and competition is on Friday baby! this friday. Talk about the level of competency required, huh?





I see this event as another challenge that will later help filling my experience vessel (i hope it really will) and furthermore, its Choral Speaking! It is something that I have close to my heart... definitely, I am all game.





****


Reunion


****





Well, the meeting felt like an IPba reunion. Okay, almost like a reunion. Christie, Kak Ain and Kak Zura (all of Cohort 1) and i... and hooray, it felt really good to see faces who had been there and done that (IPba, where else?) and I was delighted.





I felt as if we were comrades from the same training ground, currently combating the English's lack of exposure in Pitas and always finding the strategies to win the battle; the students' interest. And the sisterhood. It felt like a sisterhood too. I will be working with them for few upcoming events too and yeap, looking forward for it as we speak the same language. Haha.

3 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

I wish I had ppl who spoke the 'language' near me...
I feel so isolated!
=(

p/s: all the best for the chorus speaking!

me said...

it's so envying to know that most of you over there have so many courses to attend and are involved in many activities which I am yet to experience. it is so boring!

a teacher in my sch said she missed teaching in sabah because she had the opportunity to go for various good and interesting english courses while she was there.

in my district, it seems like nothing has been done so far ever since i was posted. huhu

NFA said...

oopsie tassy..im one of the lucky ones, my KP is very understanding n supportive but i know a few cases where english teachers arnt allowed to go out for courses...its really up to the admin and ppd i think..