Monday, December 8, 2008

The Final Ride

We said goodbyes last Friday. Some goodbyes could be permanent. Some could be tipu-tipu ones. Permanent; when I or the other party choose not to keep in contact (which I have the super tendency to do so.woohoo), and tipu-tipu ones; when friends like nada syada ejat live just countable miles from me and of course, each other.

So, what is goodbye when you don’t cry, eh?

I cried. At first, I wanted to be macho wannabe but my friends knew that crying has been my core business since forever. I cried. I hugged a few friends, apologised for my wrong doings and stupid jokes then I cried. I never said I’d keep in touch because I was afraid of making up ‘unpromisable’ promises. I just said to few, ‘kahwin nanti jangan lupa jemput’.

I think I hugged Jaime and Ainur the longest. Jaime for the chemistry we built since we got back from our respective 2 yrs stint overseas. Ainur, for the time lost, I guessed. I love them both to the bones.

I didn’t say goodbye to nada. She’s the best. She’s my rock. My super understanding roommate. One who could actually live in the same room with me!

My UK buddies, they are super major (what the heck is major? (Tak kenal Posh eh?) Ina; I’d like to remind you, true friends are those who stay through thick and thin and that means even when you sakit. Leng; Kelantanese yang out of the box, speaks perfect English, you’ll never guess she’s a Kelantanese (adakah komen aku ni bersikap region-ist?). Ejat; we went a very long way together, one who can speak with my mood and moods. Love her to bits. And my Mimsy; super kakak, her words could break you but her smile can make you! Love you, mi!

I said goodbyes to my housemates; Aziati and Niza; memang cool hsemates (yang lain pun cool gak) but Aziati is less cooool-ler because she stayed back during our KISSM exam. Thanks to my super housemates, for the memories. Hey, my favourite housemate; Hanna from Benoni. Which part of Malaysia is that? Go google it. She’s a real head-banger cum head turner! Muah!

I said goodbye-s too to Zue, Nisahk, Syada, Sayda, Syida, Soya and many other girls and also the boys. Love you guys to bits too! I exchanged the ‘glance’ with Mien. I think we had the unspoken love hate relationship. There were things I did, which he didn’t agree and things he did I didn’t agree. But hey, it was Friday and our final day. We exchanged the ‘look’, I heard he said sorry, and I said those words too and seikhlasnya, at that particular moment, all the not-so-sweet memories just flushed away. Alhamdulillah.

So, that’s the goodbye. Regrets? I think I have a few. For chemistry lost from a friend probably caused by my own withdrawal. For not being able to walk the finish line with my dearest friend, Hassanah. And for not being able to keep some of the friendships due to my own uncertainty.


I am now ready to step out, as a real teacher. Alhamdulillah, the 5½ yrs journey was a good one. I thought it could take forever when I first walked in, but it ended in just a blink. Just a gulp. The graduation ceremony will take place in May, long way to go. I can;t wait because that is when I will be meeting my Cohort 2 comrades again. I can’t thank Him enough, Allah the Almighty for His kindness and punca segala rezeki. I will be graduating with Second Class Upper degree in Teaching English as a Second Language, with an additional Merit for teaching practice. Alhamdulillah.

To my Cohort 2 friends, good luck and all the best. Let’s rock the teaching field.

Let’s Initiate changes.
Love;
NFA

1 comment:

Jarod Yong said...

I love your passion, Fa!

Keep it burning in this ever so discouraging world!
=)