Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spilling It All Out

Oh well.

Im back in Pitas, Kota Marudu. I'd like to spill it all out.

Okeh!

Day 1 , arrived at KKIA around 8pm. Stayed the night at Airport View Hotel. L-o-u-s-y. But it was a free stay with free foodsss. I started to not eat heartily there and then.

Day 2, got THE letter, SK ROSOB PITAS. hmm. Before i came, I had always looked at the list of schools in Sabah and always, always i will had my eyes on Pitas. hmm. Jodoh kot?

Day 2, arrived in PPD Pitas at abot 6pm. Magrib approached and i waited for reps from my school to come and pick me up. No tears tho despite seeing other beginning teachers leaving with the Guru Besar. Mine arrived late. And, it wasnt the GB, It was the school's clerk, a pakcik with a golden heart. i was brought to his home. built strategically di atas laut. saya ulang, di atas laut. i had to take off my Charles n Keith pumps and brought up my kain dekat paras lutut because of air pasang. there you have it, my first taste of air laut in Sabah! Btw, theres another teacher with, from IPPerlis, Kak Ros. Both of us were to report the next day at SK ROSOB.

Day 3, reported myself to the school. filled in the borangs. and lucky me, i was living (Actually menumpang) with the clerk whos responsible for my pay! yeay! gave all the docs he needed and he said my pay could be in February! but...sadly, just before school ended, he said, PPD couldnt allow for that to happen. so, its going to be in March. isk. bolehla tu~

Day 4-5 I went for house hunting and it was very hard to find a proper house here in Pitas. and, mind you..tiada bekalan air sempurna ye, semua turun dari langit. alhamdullilah, so far, my kulit macam biasa suda. tiada masalah pun. terima kasih kepada body shop, i guess the cleanser can work well with nature. haha. cut short, we managed to get a room, rm300 permonth on sharing basis. no aircond or water heater ye najib.

Day 6- up until now; Moved to the new house/room. hoho. water crisis; no water supply if theres no rain. electricity crisis; my tuan rumah is a verry verry cermat old lady and can u imagine living with a person who wont let the lights up smpai dah betul2 gelap?

okeh. am tired to type more actually.

but seriously, here, i have learned about how help and assistance could come to you from persons you barely know...

i feel indebted to the clerk's family; provided me with food in the shapes of super XXL size prawns, fresh from the sea and a place to stay before i found a suitable house for me.

next, to Kak Ain of cohort 1, she called me on Day 6 and i nearly cried. but i managed to hold it. i wanted to cry because her voice sounded very honest when she asked about my current being. of course i said i was fine. Kak Ain also helped to to find a better house in Kota Marudu, about 30mins from my school but the place is the (nearby and only) area of civilisation that could help me stand strong and preserve my sanity. haha.

Kak Zabrina, my future housemate; i learned from my Cohort 1 friends that she is very nice and a cool person to be with. insya Allah. i met her the other day and i really hope i could get along well with her once i have moved in.

The best thing is, i will be living only few doors away from Yao! One very familiar face and we made the pact the other day to take good care of each other. kite tgkla sape jg sape nanti. haha.

I went to Yao's place last friday and for the first time, i announce, the first time, i ate whole-heartedly. Udang freshhhhh (i bought on my way to Kota Marudu) with sambal belacan stolen from Yao's hsemate. I told Yao that i wanted to perform sujud syukur that night and i did during magrib. i was really pleased to see Yao and very pleased to feel the nikmat of makan-makan again.

i shall continue later. i need to pack my bags as im due to move out tomorrow. insya Allah.

4 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

Looks like big prawns will be a staple in your meals!
hahaha~~

SeLipArjEpUnpUtiH said...

jgn lupa prgi mancing!
hahaha

Anonymous said...

oh, sungguh jeles. hohohohohoho..
akan kuredah estate dan hutan belantara tuk ke sana! both ur house n yao's!!

Anonymous said...

Salam!

what a good experience..^_^

btw, i am a student frm IPBA.tesl Cohort 2 cycle 3..

mine if i link your blog from mine?