Friday, January 2, 2009

Kota Marudu's Future Puppeteer


I am waiting patiently for my flight day. I think this time around I am having different kind of ‘leaving’ feeling. I think I look forward to this new adventure than my 2006’s departure to the UK. Maturity is kicking in, you think? Most of my fellow Sabahan future teachers know that I have finished packing days ago. Ding Dong. And my bag weights at 21kgs! (Jaime says im a light traveller!) That is quite an achievement considering that I have put in 18 pasangs of Baju Kurung and 2 puppet theatres besides other necessities. Here are some of the lucky things that have secured places in my bag.

Portable/Hand held Puppet Theatre


Bought in the UK, GBP 7.99.

Another one…


Foldable Puppet Theatre


Bought in IKEA, RM9.90 (quite a steal, huh?)

Then, presenting…


The Actors! TITTA Mini Puppets!



Available in IKEA too, RM19.90 for 10pcs
A lot can be done with these little figures.
Adjectives. Colours, Shapes, Speaking Skills...I cant stop! Yeay!



But sadly, only binatang laut available…the binatang darat out of stock~ Sume dah jalan gi Marudu kot~~ Sigh!


And surprise surprise…


RM 5 for both sets.
Need my explanation of what are these things going to help me with?



Well, I gulped when I heard Syida plans to bring mini rice-cooker whereas I never thought about stuff like that at the initial stage of packing. So, to give myself a sense of ‘security’, I bought these utensils. And, yes, of course I am going to get myself a mini rice-cooker once I am in Kota Kinabalu.

Many things happened yesterday. I would like to congratulate my fellow secondary teachers for securing places that they favour. All the best, guys!

Regarding the Surat Lantikan issue, I was pretty frustrated yesterday as this problem surfaced in the midst of these very hectic weeks…where flights are about to take depart and classes are about to begin. However, I have to thank some of my friends for making the effort to seek clarification for the rest of us. The letter is apparently important for our pay and yes. Pay is important for us beginning teachers, especially those who are going be away from home and comfort zones and of course from our non-gangster-money-lenders; our beloved Fathers and Mothers. Ding Dong. And the pay is important. For my June camping trip to Pavilion. Haha.


So far, I have heard quite many mixed remarks about Kota Marudu and I am taking them very positively, Insya Allah. Plus, my positive friends are helping me in this (you know who you are) and of course, I just smiled at the not-so-positive comments. I hope that I can maintain my ‘positiveness’ up until I reach and see with my own eyes; the school and of course, Kota Marudu. I googled for images of Kota Marudu and for non-photography lover like me, I personally think that the scenery is amazing…tu baru tengok gambar…belum sampai betol-betol~

Okay, I might sound too positive, as if I am denying the probable dangers, risks or all sorts of kesulitan that I might face once I am there. But, the truth is, I would like for once (again) to be all positive and prepare myself with sufficient strength that may be needed when I step on Kota Marudu’s ground rather than mind-mapping the un-positive probabilities. So, cut me some space eh? Honestly, they are comments that came out from people (you don’t know who you are) that I can categorise as non-positive-at-all-so-i-will-just-smile-at-you, your-comments-aren’t-honest-enough and your-comments-are-meant-for-your-own-self-assurance-not-me. But. That’s it. No offence taken. Its alright.

And, I received texts and call from friends that I could straight away smell their sincerity (you know who you are). Somehow, text from Ungku took my heart away. Thanks girls! And Jarod, for your comment for my previous post.

Hmm… I think that’s it for now. I have to start practising my finger puppeting technique!

3 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

Miss Puppeteer, I think those tools are one of the same...
Used for stirfry.

And, of course, whatever creative uses you come up with later~~
=)

NFA said...

almost there, jarod! ahaha.

soyasofya said...

faa. all the best! hehe. me doing quite well here although i was shocked by the 3 hours journey to school from cameron highland. haha.